AST-SEAL™HD (Heavy Duty) stainless steel grade is formulated for stainless steel alloy fittings to cure more quickly than standard grade anaerobic. Withstands temperatures from -65° to 400°F (-54° to 204°C) continuous, 500°F (260°C) intermittent. UL Classified. Not for oxygen use.
Pressure Range: Seals to 1,000 psi immediately after application and up to the burst rating of a typical pipe after curing. Will not clog small openings typically found in hydraulic systems.
Features and Benefits:
- Superior to other anaerobic sealants
- Prevents vibration loosening
- Does not clog filters, valves, or gauges
- Seals pipes including 3" and larger
- Lubricates and prevents corrosion, seizing, and galling
- Low-locking strength provides for disassembly
- Easy adjustment up to 16 hours after assembly
- Not volatile or flammable
- DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fuel) Compatible
Applications: Most metal threads, particularly steel and brass, ideal for fittings, pipes, valves, gauges, and connections in hydraulic, pneumatic, lubrication, steam, and refrigerant systems. Inert to most industrial hazards and hydrocarbons (gasoline, diesel fuel, ethanol, etc.), most acids, chemicals, solvents, and gases.
Primer T - fast acting, 7 days on part life.
Primer N - up to 30 days on part life.
Please call 1-800-991-1106 for 14L Pail price.
Click here to see our video on how to apply this product.